TasArt InformationMancell Financial Group TASART 2016 Exhibition and Sale Key Exhibition Dates:
Entries Open: August 2016
Entry Forms will be available on this website by end July 2016
Entry Forms will be posted out to past exhibitors in August 2016Entries close
: Friday 9 September 2016 (note that date has been extended from that published in the official entry forms either in PDF format or those posted in hard copy to former exhibitors)Entry fee
: $30 (non-refundable) per artwork (maximum 2 per artist)Viewing:
Saturday 24 September to Saturday 22 October 2016 during Burnie Regional Art Gallery opening hours
Works are to be received at Burnie Regional Art Gallery on
Friday 16 September 2016 between 10am and 4.30pm (courier deliveries only)
Saturday 17 September between 1.30 and 4.00pm.
Works can be collected from Burnie Regional Art Gallery on
Sunday 23 October 2016 between 1.30pm and 4.00pm
Monday 24 October between 10am and 2pm.
Opening and Presentation of Awards:
Friday 23 September from 6.00pm until 9.30pm at the Burnie Regional Art Gallery, awards announced at 7.00pm
Cost: $25 per head (includes drinks (2 glasses) and nibbles)
TASART Entry Form/Conditions of Entry
The Entry Forms may be emailed or printed and sent by post. Before filling them out and submitting them, PLEASE GO TO THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND SALE AND READ THEM FIRST. ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IS CONTAINED IN THEM. Instructions for completing and submitting the Entry Form are at the head of the entry form.
Listed below are the Awards being offered at the Mancell Financial Group TasART 2016 Exhibition:
| Award No.
|| Mancell Financial Group
|| Major Open Award, Any medium, any subject
|| Burnie City Council
|| Any medium, any subject, on paper
|| Adam Brooks MP
|| Any Subject, mixed media or any medium not eligible under Awards 4, 5 and 6
|| Sassafras Farms
|| Oil or Acrylic, any subject
|| Wellers Inn
|| Watercolour, any subject
|| Tasmanian Alkaloids
|| Pastel, any subject
|| Roger Jaensch MP
|| Any medium, of Cradle Coast subject or by Cradle Coast resident artist
|| Waratah Wynyard Council
|| Any medium, any subject by resident Artist in the Waratah-Wynyard municipality
|| Gowans Motor Group
|| Public Vote Award (non-acquisitive - all exhibits eligible)
|| Jeremy Rockliff (BCAG Patron)
|| Patrons Award (non-acquisitive - all exhibits eligible)
Instructions for Completing and Submitting TASART Entry Form
The Entry Form can be filled in on line and submitted or teh entry form can be printed and posted to BCAG TASART Entry, PO Box 186 BURNIE TAS 7320. Please note that Categories 1-8 are acquisitive and entries must meet the award criteria (for categories 2-6) and residential/subject criteria (for Category 7 and 8) in order to be accepted. Also ensure you check the Accept box confirming that you have read the conditions of entry and accept the insurance disclaimer.
For those completing the form on line, all flagged fields (red asterix) must be completed for it to be submitted. When submitted, you will receive a return email containing the Form A which is to be printed off and placed on the back of the entry as per the Conditions of Entry. This Form also confirms your entry submission and the details contained in your entry. IMPORTANT: if you do not receive an email confirming your entry (Part A) within 24 hours, please contact 0418893514 as soon as possible to ensure your entry has been received.
You may pay your entry fees either by post or by electronic transfer. If by post, payment may be by cheque or money order. If you wish to pay by electronic transfer, please enter your surname in the "customer/transaction reference" from the electronic transfer application so that your payment can be traced to your entry. If you neglect to do this, your entry might not be able to be processed. Details for electronic transfer are as follows: BSB: Bendigo Bank: 633000 Acct No: 111 791232 Acct Name: Burnie Coastal Art Group
Conditions of Entry and Sale 2016 (Click to open/click to close)
Conditions of Entry and Sale
- Each exhibitor may enter a maximum of two (2) works, but each work MUST be entered on a separate entry form.
- Each work must be suitably framed and wired for hanging with ‘D’ rings placed half way down each side of frame. Inform your framer and gallery owner/curator accordingly. Works will be rejected if these conditions are not met.
- Overall size for any artwork, including multi-panels, is not to exceed 2.5 metres in width or height including frame.
- Works weighing more than 15kg (includes framing) will not be accepted.
- Works on stretched canvas neatly presented will be accepted.
- Entries must be the original work of the artist and must not have been shown previously in Burnie.
- Each work must have been completed in the last 12 months.
- NO COPIES of other works are admissible. Any person reporting an alleged breach must do so in writing to the President BCAG.
- NO WET works, bark paintings, photographs, unprotected tempera, three dimensional or free standing works will be accepted.
- Each artist must complete a separate entry form for each entry. Section A must be attached to the left back top of the entry and, if not an on-line entry, Section “B” of the entry form must be forwarded to BCAG, Attn: TASART, PO Box 186 BURNIE TAS 7320 with a cheque or money order at the rate of $30 for each exhibit. Cheques to be made payable to BCAG.
- All Section B entry forms MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY 9 SEPTEMBER by TASART, PO Box 186 BURNIE TAS 7320. Entries postmarked, handed in or emailed after 9 September WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ENTRY FORMS WILL NOT BE RECEIVED AT THE BURNIE REGIONAL ART GALLLERY.
- The Burnie Coastal Art Group Inc reserves the right to exhibit such of the entries as the Selection Panel may select. All works selected will be for sale and open to judging. TASART Exhibition Policy may be viewed on www.burniecoastalartgroup.org.au/TASART.
- Artists whose work is not selected for presentation in the exhibition will be notified by post, as soon as is practicable. No correspondence into the reasons for non-selection will be given. Entry fees are not refundable for works that fail to be selected or are refused receipt due to a failure to meet the acceptance criteria.
- The Group shall be entitled to offer any entry for sale to the public at the price endorsed on the entry form. In the event of a sale being effected, the Group shall be entitled to retain 25% of such price, as a selling commission. Payment to artists will be made within 2 weeks after the close of the exhibition.
- Works shall be judged by such person or persons as selected and appointed by the Burnie Coastal Art Group Inc. All BCAG members and members of their families are ineligible for inclusion on the selection and judging panels. The judge’s decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entertained.
- Irrespective of selling price, an artist winning a particular category/section will only be awarded the amount of prize money stated for that category/section.
- BCAG will exercise all reasonable care in handling the works submitted, but will NOT be responsible for loss of, or for any damage whatsoever or however caused to any works while in the custody of the Group. Artists are responsible for insuring their works against loss or damage while in the custody of BCAG and/or in transit.
- SPECIAL NOTE: ENTRIES MUST BE DELIVERED FREE OF ALL CHARGES. No payments whatsoever will be made by the Group for freight or other charges incurred in delivery or return of submitted works. PLEASE PAY RETURN FREIGHT IN ADVANCE and allow ample time for the works to be delivered no later than the advertised receiving days.
- The exhibition will comprise such of the entries as the Selection Panel shall select. The works to be hung will be strictly confined to works that maintain a high standard for the exhibition. The selected works will be on view to the public at the Burnie Regional Art Gallery from Saturday 24 September until Saturday 22 October 2016. Viewing hours are 10.00am – 4.30pm weekdays and 1.30-4.00 on weekends. The exhibition will close at 4.00pm on Saturday 22 October 2016. Please note: Gallery will be closed on 30 September 2016 for Burnie Show day.
- BCAG Inc may allow any work so entered to be reproduced by newspaper, magazine or television. The Group may use photographs/JPEGs of any work, so entered, on in its website and in its promotional material for TASART.
- Exhibits being delivered by courier will be received at the Burnie Regional Art Gallery, Wilmot Street, Burnie no later than Friday 16 September between 10.00am and 4.30pm. Note: Personal delivery of works is only available on Saturday 17 September between 1.30pm and 4.00pm.
- Exhibits must be collected by the artist or their representative from the Burnie Regional Art Gallery on Sunday 23 October between 1.30pm and 4.00pm or Monday 24 October between 10.00am and 2.00pm. These are the only times paintings can be collected, including paintings that were not selected for hanging.
- BCAG is seriously inconvenienced if paintings are not collected before 4pm Monday, 22 October 2016. Late collections will be liable for an additional handling charge of $20.00 per painting. After 2 November 2016, uncollected works will become the property of the BCAG.
- Except for the Public vote and Patron’s Awards, ALL awarded works are acquired by the sponsor:
||Mancell Financial Group
||Major Open Award, Any medium, any subject
||Burnie City Council
||Any medium, any subject, on paper
||Adam Brooks MP
||Any Subject, mixed media or any medium not eligible under Awards 4, 5 and 6
||Oil or Acrylic, any subject
||Watercolour, any subject
||Pastel, any subject
||Roger Jaensch MP
||Any medium, Cradle Coast subject or by Cradle Coast resident artist
||Waratah Wynyard Council
||Any medium, any subject by resident Artist in the Waratah-Wynyard municipality
||Gowans Motor Group
Public Vote Award (non-acquisitive)
(All exhibits entered)
||Jeremy Rockliff (Patron’s Award)
||Open award, any medium, any subject (non-acquisitive) (All exhibits entered)